Winds have subsided, Now it's Time for Clean up!
Winds have subsided, Now it’s Time for Clean up!
As the wind and rain subside from Hurricane Sandy, make sure you use caution while removing storm debris from your yard. Here are some tips provided by Loudoun County officials and Ask Gina & Company:
- Survey the area first and look for the possibility of downed wires. Stay back and call the local power company before removing debris
- Ask for a helping hand with bulky items
- Don’t lift any material that weighs more than 50 lbs
- Wear eye glasses while removing or cleaning up debris
- Wear thick gloves and closed toe shoes to protect your hands and feet from sharp objects
- Prevent hearing damage by using ear plugs while using chain saws and heavy machinery
For any damage incurred to your property in Loudoun or Fairfax County, make sure to take pictures BEFORE removing the debris. This will help you file any insurance claims.
In need of some professional assistance to remove fallen trees or fix leaky windows or roofs? Our office has a variety of trusted contractors for on file that service Northern Virginia.
Call Ask Gina & Company at 703-574-3478 – we would be happy to provide contact information for vendors servicing Loudoun, Fairfax, and other nearby counties!