Spook-tacular Fun for All Ages!Spook-tacular Fun for All Ages!
Live in Loudoun County and looking for something fun to do with the whole family? The Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum in Chantilly, VA is hosting it’s annual Air & Scare event this Saturday, Oct. 27th from 2-8pm. Put on your best costume head on just past Dulles Airport and get ready for the trick or treating while discovering spooky scientific truths, crafts, & more!
- Free Candy & Goodies
- Trick-or-Truth Stations – answers to many haunting questions!
- Discovery – Halloween themed science experiments
- Creepy Crafts & Hands on activities
- Photo Op – take a picture with Star Wars and Ghostbusters Characters
- Cartoon Showings – Laugh off the screams with cartoons in the IMAX Theater
- Puppet Show – enjoy a production by the Magical Puppet Theater
- Magicians – be amazed by the creepy disappearrance of many objects
- Creepy Crawlers display – spider and other insects from the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History’s Department of Entomology visit!
- Telescope Exploration – take a peak at the sky! (weather permitting)
- Simulator Rides
- Tot Zone – tiniest of visitors can play dress-up, hear a story, or do crafts!
- Teen & Tween zone – activities created for the teen crowd
Enjoy a safe & fun Halloween from Gina Tufano and the entire Ask Gina & Company team with Keller Williams Realty Loudoun Gateway in Ashburn, Virginia! If you would like more information about seasonal activities near Loudoun County or how to make Northern Virginia you home, call us at 703-574-3478.
ActivitiesHere are just some of the types of activities you can enjoy at Air & Scare. More details coming soon!
Trick-or-TreatingReceive free candy and other goodies from costumed volunteers.
Trick-or-Truth Information StationsWas there really an Area 51? Is it true there is an alien ship in the Museum’s collection? Learn the answers to these and many more haunting questions at Trick-or-Truth information stations.
Discovery StationsTake part in spooky science experiments at Halloween-themed Discovery Stations.
Spook-tivity StationsParticipate in creepy crafts and hands-on activities.
Teen and Tween ZoneHands-on activities created with teens and ‘tweens in mind, but open to all ages.
Tot ZoneBring the tiniest visitors by the Tot Zone to play dress-up, hear a story, and participate in a craft activity. Designed for ages three to seven.
Star Wars and Ghostbusters CharactersPose for a photo with your favorite Star Wars character or the Ghostbusters’ Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.
Face PaintingStop by the face painting station to add some flair to your costume.
Cartoon ShowingsHave a good laugh watching a selection of cartoons in the Airbus IMAX® Theater.
Puppet ShowEnjoy “Buzzy the Frog’s Treasure Box Trick” by the Magical Puppet Theater.
Creepy CrawlersView a display of spiders and other insects from the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History’s Department of Entomology.
TelescopesTake a look at the sky through telescopes, weather permitting. Or simply explore how they work at the indoor station.
Simulator RidesEnjoy simulator rides throughout the event.
MagiciansBe amused and amazed at our roving magicians.Please note: the elevator to the Donald D. Engen Observation Tower will close at 4:30 pm. The tower itself will close at 5:00 pm.