Enjoying the lovely weather? Here's some ways to protect yourself while enjoying outdoor festivities
The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Department would like to share these helpful safety tips to help protect yourself while enjoying outdoor activities.
- Always be aware of your surroundings no matter where you are. Never feel that you are unsusceptible to an attack.
- Stay in groups. A group of people are less vulnerable then one individual just by themselves.
- Be sure to tell someone where you are going and what time you will be back. If plans change, make sure you let that person know.
- Always carry your cell phone and some type of picture ID with you.
- Limit outdoor activities to daylight hours whenever possible.
- If you walk or run, vary the paths you travel.
- Note any suspicious activity and report it immediately.
Have any more questions about saftey? Contact the Sheriff’s Office on their non-emergency line (703) 777-1021 or (703) 777-0445.