Just move to Loudoun? Here is some useful links for new residents!
Loudoun County extends a warm welcome to all its new residents! If you are new to Loudoun County, you are not alone. Loudoun is the fastest growing county in Virginia, and one of the fastest growing counties in the United States. In fact, 18 percent of Loudoun residents have lived here less than 3 years, and 56 percent have been here less than 10 years.
There are many reasons for our rapid growth: a surplus of jobs, proximity to Washington, D.C., and Dulles International Airport, excellent schools and government services, scenic beauty, a strong sense of community and a high quality of life.
There is a great deal of information available for new residents on the Loudoun County Government website, as well as many other local websites. On this page, you will find links to a wealth of information to help you find out more about Loudoun County.
If you would like to have a package of information for new residents mailed to you, please send your request, including your name and mailing address, to: email@example.com.
Search the county website
Useful links for new residents
- Frequently asked questions
- Loudoun links
- Loudoun County Public Schools
- “Ask a Librarian” e-mail reference service
- County government e-mail list
- County employment opportunities
- Directions to County Government Facilities
- Dominion Virginia Power
- Loudoun Water
- Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative (NOVEC)
- Virginia Energy Choice
- Washington Gas
How do I…
- Register to vote
- Register a car or truck
- Get a vehicle decal
- Pay taxes
- Get a dog license
- Get a library card
- Arrange for water service
- Find out about recreation programs
- Arrange curbside trash pickup
- Find child care
- Contact the Board of Supervisors
- Get a building permit
- Find out if I live in a historic district
Article taken from http://www.loudoun.gov/Default.aspx?tabid=1348